Something for my Juniors

There’s a great myth “If you will do well in studies, you will get a job in reputed company”. IS IT REALLY SO TRUE? Let’s find an answer.
I want to share my personal experience and views on studies. Well since class 6th I am participating in games and sports even in 12th std I went for district tournament. I had visited a lot of cities during my school life, spending my days in ground and playing with my musical instruments. Yes due to my Badminton I had to sacrifice my studies, yes I did. From class 6th to 10th I got 70-80%. In 11th std, my performance was very low and I thought of just leaving badminton for a year. In 12th, though I participated in outside activities, anthologies and music competitions.
But is it really true that my classmates who scored 95 will get a better job than me? Let’s find it out.
Take example of me and my friend (X), I got 90% and my friend got 97. We were in the company’s office; we both were there in the same room. They took my resume and my friend’s too. After looking at both of the resumes, they selected me. Same question why? Right? Because with that percentage, I had some national level certificates in Badminton, State level winning certificates, Dist level winning certificates, Music competition certificates and participation in anthologies certificate. So it is not about that only percentage matters, never stop participating in any of cultural activities just thinking that You will score less. Do whatever you like, enjoy your life.


Post a Comment

0 Comments