A Road To Success.

Moon was shiny and the stars were all over the sky. I left the house for Railway station as I was going for a State Level Table Tennis Competition. Everybody from my family came to see off me as that was my first ever visit without my parents and first tournament of my life. During the journey, I was looking towards the goal only not allowing any negative thing to shoot myself. As I reached there, I have got my first match and in those 20 minutes I had to play well or you say play extremely well but I didn’t. I was not up to the mark and lost the game. Every expectation and hope was over. As I once again reached to my place, there my school teacher suggested me to give a chance to Badminton instead of Table Tennis. My father who himself was a cricket player was shocked to hear him. But it was sword that was just above my head, anything wrong would have killed me. I finally decided to go with Badminton, I started going for the practice where there was nobody to teach me as the place where I live in is a kind of small village where you won’t even find a super market. It was more or less a problem for me, as I was completely unknown to the game. But determination, resolution and target were there and that was enough. After
practicing hard for 8 months, I made a first move. I was selected for the State Level Badminton Championship. I was in the team as the Second player. We won the first match but during second match, our first player lost the singles match. Everything came upon me as I had to play the deciding game. After the 45 minutes of game, I was hugged by my teacher. Yes I saved the match. We played really well in that tournament and reached to fourth place out of twenty eight districts. It was a great start of my life, confidence started to build up. I started practicing hard to get more such achievement like this. Next, I reached the next step. I was selected as the third player of the Rajasthan team, there I represented Rajasthan. Wearing the t-shirt with Rajasthan on your back was awesome feeling. Time by time, I started getting more achievement and felicitation by Dist. Collector for the game. People started recognizing me as a badminton player.


Hence, my decision to left Table Tennis for Badminton proved right and changed my life. It gave me an identity in the crowd of 1 lakh people. Standing with big dignities became a part of my life. 

This is a part of Housing Campaign. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments