Short Story Contest. (Genre-Love)

First Prize 
The Last Kiss. (By Nisha Sharma)


11/01/2014- My b’day
 Our love was perpetual but we were not destined to be together. He was getting married and we were together for the last time. I was sitting beside him letting the chilled air touch my face and dry my tears. “I loveyou so much Aman. I can’t see my future without you”. I Said. Tears rolled out of my eyes as I embraced him. I felt helpless and closed my eyes giving him permission to award me with the most pleasant and the last b’daygift. He held me tight and planted a kiss on my left cheek; I held him tighter as if I wanted more to come. Slowly his lips moved towards mine. He leaned towards me and I shivered out of excitement as he kissed my upper lip. Leisurely the moment I slipped my hands inside his shirt, he rewarded me with the most pleasant gift of my life.
“We kissed each other.” I hugged him again and couldn’t stop myself from breaking into tears. He knew the reason behind that and allowed me to rest on his chest for the last time and then he left forever.





Second Prize 
A Wish (By Ayesha Adhikari)

“I wish to stand facing you; our fingers locked, our eyes lost;
 I wish to lock your lips with mine feeing the love divine; I
wish to rest my head on your chest listening the story your 
heart narrates; I wish to tell you,
‘I love you’  making you feel it’s true. -Sarika”

It’s the 4th-time Sameer’s reading this letter which he’d 
found while cleaning his age-old college-bag. 
It’s been two years of his marriage and today he found this letter addressed to him by Sarika, his college best-friend. He searched Sarika’s number and called her after two years. She hadn’t changed her number. “Hello,” she said. “Hello Sarika?” Sameer enquired. After long quiet minutes Sarika answered, “Sameer?” “Sarika? Do you love me?” Sarika laughed a strange laughter at Sameer’s question. “What…?” Sameer dragged. “It’s a prank I wanted to play on you. I thought it’d never workout. But… See!” They both laughed. After a friendly-talk they hanged up the phone. In this long run of friendship, it’s the first time when Sarika lied to Sameer. Yes! She loved him… But, it’s a wish now. Tears soon filled her eyes. And there, Sameer’s still answering his wife’s doubtful questions about Sarika…

Third Prize 
Where are they now? (By Arjun Bhattacharya)


After seven years of long relation between Partha and Priya , they changed their facebook status from in a relationship to married. Partha , a software engineer , doing his job in an MNC . Priya is a school teacher. They went to GOA for honeymoon. They crossed every limit there. They drunk, had a sea bath together, they danced holding each other’s waists, had passionate love making sex. They had a strong believe in their relation. After spending quality time together they set to return home. Priya had a will that they will come back by air. It was only 12 days they married but ‘nemesis’ called it off. Their plane crashed. A full of dreams of seven years twelve days had smashed within fraction of second. But pure love has no end. They became cloud in the sky where they enjoyed all freedom to fly here and there. They wanted to come back home and to meet parents who were suffering from loosing them. They came and started floating over their roof. They became sad and started crying. Yes, it was raining heavily. It was tears which was mix of loosing their love life , parents and unfullfilness of their dreams. Now sky is clear , they were leaving behind their home forever but not their love for themselves and for parents. They held their hands and said “bye”.




Post a Comment

0 Comments